Essential oils provide a great way to clean and refresh the atmosphere inside your home. Creating your essential oil cleaning products can help make your house free from that annoying smell produced by typical home cleaners, which have questionable components. Through using the power of essential oils, you can make your own home cleaning products for clean, healthy, wonderfully relaxing, and aromatic rooms.
Making your own cleaners using essential oil is not complicated, but it does require some discipline. Just because essential oils are natural and organic does not mean that you can use them willy-nilly in huge amounts. If not used with care, high concentrations of these oils could harm your furnishings and surfaces. Use these tips for safe home cleaning using essential oils.
Dilute essential oils so that they make up about 3% of the mixture. So, for each 30ml, or 2 tablespoons of dry product, put in eighteen drops of essential oil. Simply increase the base measurements for bigger quantities. Once you have a milder scented solution, make a 2% or even 1% dilution. Prior to applying blends of oils over counters and furniture, test them on small, unnoticeable areas first.
Here are some essential oil solutions cleaning recipes:
- 60ml of jojoba oil
- 12 drops of essential oil blend
- Mix all components in a 60ml bottle.
- Cover and shake until all ingredients are well-blended.
- Apply a considerable amount of solution to the surface of wood using a clean and soft cloth. Make sure to test the mixture on unnoticeable areas prior to general use.
- ½ tsp of “Keep it Fresh” essential oil blend
- ½ cup of distilled water
- ½ cup of baking soda
- Mix essential oil blend and baking soda in a big bowl. Combine thoroughly to make sure the essential oil is well blended and evenly distributed.
- Add water while constantly stirring until moist clump forms.
- Fill an ice cube tray with about 2 teaspoons of the mixture in each cube and then press until compact.
- Let it dry for 2 to 4 days.
- Slowly pop out pods and store in an airtight container
- To use this solution, tape one pod to the base of the dustbin lid and replace as required.
Soy wax melts
- 2 tsp of “Keep it Fresh” essential oil blend
- 1 cup of soy wax
- Gently melt the wax on the stove
- When the wax is melted, remove from heat. Add the essential oil blend and stir until well combined.
- Pour one to two tablespoons of mixture into a wax mold.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
To use this solution, put one melt in a candle lamp or a wax warmer.
Making your own essential oil cleaning solutions for home cleaning purpose is easy if you know how and where to start.
Yours in health